The negative came from a number of our service clients who complained that they weren’t receiving “this modern green way of cleaning” in direct reference to using biological cleaners in their toilets. We had to point out that though they were 100% correct, they didn’t actually need this method of cleaning as the level of usage in their office urinals were such that there was no problem.
There is a big difference in cleaning needs between a Senior Partners personal washroom and what happens at half time at St James’ Park, home of the Magpies!
On a more positive note by coincidence there was an excellent article in Jan Hobb’s www.thecleanzine.com this week on greening your washroom cleaning programme. This caused me to further research the use of toilet blocks, which we as a company have avoided for many years due to the para dichlorobenzene they release into the water system.
Quite simply my research indicated that I had terribly underplayed the financial benefits that can be achieved particularly with urinals by implementing a microbiological cleaning programme. Look at the following facts:
- The use of ‘green’ blocks can reduce flushing water consumption by 98% and saves you money on your water and sewerage bill! (remember when your supply is metered your sewerage charge is based on the input clean water volume) as there is no need to flush the fixture more than once every 6 hours instead of every 15 minutes, 24/7.
- The average urinal, flushing every 15 minutes wastes 151,000 litres of water a year. In the UK this can costs around £250 per urinal per annum. Using ‘green’ blocks this is reduced by 98%. When you multiply the savings per urinal by the number of urinal bays in your premises, the overall savings can be substantial….
- A small hotel or pub could save 982,800 litres a year (£1,670). A school, college, office or production facility with 500 male students or workers could save 2,850,000 litres a year (£4,8450). A large shopping centre could save a massive 13,000,000 litres (£22,100) of precious fresh water a year.
When one considers that in addition:
- There are no capital costs involved.
- Other toilet cleaning products are no longer required.
- Blockages and slow draining fixtures become a thing of the past.
- You don’t need to get involved in ongoing maintenance contracts.
It becomes obvious that you have nothing to lose but toilet smells by carrying out a trial on your own premises.
To receive our fact sheet to help you organise your own in house trial please contact email@example.com. By providing costed examples of the savings potential and simple instruction sheets for your cleaning supervisor and staff you will be able to present irrefutable evidence of the cost/savings benefits within 12 weeks.